Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our Nativity Scene


No, this is not our Nativity Scene. I love the Willow dolls so much and when I saw that there was a Nativity scene, I fell in love. The only problem with the Willow Nativity Scene is that it is quite expensive. Like, close to $300. I know I tend to spend money on things I probably shouldn't, but this is one thing that I couldn't justify spending that much on. Not to mention the fact that Zach would throw a fit if he saw it in our house.
So, yesterday while I'm shopping at Deseret Book, I'm checking out and the clerk says to me, "Since you spent over $30, you can get a nativity scene for only $3." I think to myself, "Since I can't get the Willow Nativity Scene, I might as well get this one."
So I get home last night and I'm wrapping some presents and remembered the Nativity scene that I got. I take it out of the box and set it out on our coffee table. I started chuckling a little bit, but remembered it was only $3 and it will definitely do for us.
Zach gets home and notices the Nativity scene. "Why's the donkey smaller than the Baby Jesus?" I have to admit, some of the proportions aren't exact and it does look a little silly, but I'm still proud of it.
Maybe we can upgrade at a later date!

7 comments:

Maclaine & Sara said...

You should stop over at my mom's and see her nativity set--it's the Willow Tree one from Desert Book. I LOVE IT TOO!!! I tried to order it when it was on sale and no such luck. I am still trying to find a way to somehow sneak my mom's out of her house without her knowing. :) I know what you mean, it's beautiful but expensive. Maybe we should start saving our money now and then buy it next year?

Jill Lewis said...

Paula,
I love the Willow Tree Nativity, but I also really love your Nativity! So Cute! All nativities are special! I love Nativities and the way they can remind us of the true reason for Christmas. I got a Nativity at an after Christmas sale last year at Tai Pan for not much moola and I had forgotten about it until I opened the big plastic green box! What a fun surprise!
Your blog is so much fun for me to read. It reminds me of all the reasons that I think you're such a great person.
Love ya,
Jill

MaddyChick said...

I had the same problem this year when I was decorating for Christmas! My mom had the Willow Tree one and I've been wanting to steal it for years. But I got a surprise this weekend with a present that said open me early and it was the Mary and Joseph part of the Willow Tree set! So it's a start, I'm so excited.

Steve, Bridgit, and Kids said...

I love your nativity. I think it's so cute. One day we'll both have the Willow Tree one. We can always dream!!!

Richins Family said...

Paula,
Gotta love the $3 Nativity sets. Like you I can not bring myself to slurge on the Willow Tree, but I have the same sort of luck with the others that I have got for a "deal". If I come up with a great plan on how we can all buy the Willow Tree, I will let you know - We could always each buy a piece and then display it at my house, and you could all come over and enjoy it! :) Just a thought! by the way LOVE the Christmas tree saga!

Chris and Michelle said...

Hey, I think your nativity is CUTE! And when you have kids they can play with it and you won't have to worry about it breaking! My kids love to play with ours!

Crystal said...

I LOVE the Willow Creek set too!
I just noticed you had a blog:)so I just added you to mine. Hope all is well!!